Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Review #3: Carpathian - Isolation


Album: Isolation
Artist: Carpathian
Year: 2008
Origin: Australia
Genre: Hardcore/Melodic Hardcore 
Rating: 5/5

Okay guys. Long time nothing...
Just got the idea to show you at least once a week one of my absolute all time favorite albums ever!
This time this is my absolute favorite.
Same as I Killed The Prom Queen, another band, that was over many years, gone into hiatus.
But not for me! I hear this cd at least once a day, though i just got it on iTunes, because it's too hard to get a real copy to Germany.
To the album. I took "Isolation" because it's just amazing. The lyrics just fit great to many situations i had experienced in my live. Martin Kirby was my idol in songwriting. And he will still be, who knows what project he will start in future?! 
 Carpathian went as band together over many years, and changed their style a bit from their first album to the next. On "Nothing To Lose" it was just hardcore, great undefinable hardcore. On "Isolation" their music got darker. Their lyrics on this cd really touch my heart and my soul.
This is exactly "the album" that a real fan of "modern" melodic hardcore has to buy/have in his collection. Simple yet excellent fitting riffs and lyrics, with texts that get stuck in the head of the listener after hearing it once or at twice. 
I don't know what i really have to say to this album... It's just a great one. 

Listen to my favorites (which were really hard to choose...)

Cursed

Ceremony

Permament 

 actually the song "The Cold Front" is missing in my top songs, but i couldn't find it on YouTube!
Definitely check out if you like bands such as Defeater, The Carrier or Modern Life Is War! 


My last words are dedicated to Carpathian:
Guys, your music was the best! Thanks for the nice time, though i wasn't able to see you guys live!
This album opened my eyes in bad times! I could cry when i sing along, but a diehard doesn't to this hehe ;)
Thanks for everything and good luck in your future!

Be sure to check out newer projects of the members:

Warbrain, includes guitarist Lloyd Carroll.
Hopeless, includes David Bichard on the drums.
Colossus, has bassist Edward Redclift in. 
Martin Kirby and Josh Manitta actually have no new project in my knowledge.

Sincerely. Hendrik.